Three Colorado teams headed to Pennsylvania and Utah for national championships this week. Then the Colorado Rapids skunked Chivas USA 3-0 on Friday night, and Manchester United beat AS Roma 3-2 on Saturday. It was a week with 13 meaningful, good games for me. Pablo’s night of honor on Friday featured Gaby’s best game of the season and another Rapids shutout. The game already got plenty of press. The Guinness International Champions Cup drew 54,117 folks to watch some of the best players in the world at Sports Authority Field, and this game wasn’t a secret either.

But the national championships deserves some radar.

Here’s what I published on the Colorado Soccer Association Web site:

One still in hunt

Launch your browser early on Sunday, July 27, to catch the U-14 boys’ national championship kickoff at 6:00 on the Internet:

The Real Colorado U-14 Boys National team will face United FA Elite from Georgia at 8:00 a.m. (ET). The game is on Field 3, but confirm the link before kickoff.

U-14 Real Colorado National Boys team

The Real Colorado U-14 Boys National team beat the Arlington SA Eagles in extra time to reach the championship game against Georgia’s United FA Elite team. Ben Shepherd scored late in the first half to put Real up 1-0, and Jovany Herrera scored in the 66nd minute to ice the 2-0 semi-final victory and give Colorado soccer a final chance for a national championship in 2014.

Catch the game at 6:00 a.m. on Sunday, July 27, 2014.

U-15 Pride Predators Girls’ team

In extra time on Saturday, the U-15 Pride Predators Girls team lost the semi-final 2-1 to YMS Premier Xplosion 98 from Yardley, Pennsylvania. Brianna Alger scored the first goal of the game for Pride in the 20th minute, but YMS equalized before halftime and scored in extra time (104th minute) to win the championship.

Guadalajara Soccer Club of Denver

The Guadalajara Soccer Club of Denver could not overcome a three-goal deficit with 20 minutes left to play in the USASA men’s amateur national championship game in Sandy, Utah on Saturday. With the game scoreless 20 minutes into the second half, goalkeeper Cesar Garcia got a hand on a header but couldn’t keep the ball out of the net. Chivas increased pressure, suffering two quick goals in a five-minute span. With 15 minutes of regulation left and his team down 3-0, head coach David Campos changed his players to defend with three and attack with three. They scored twice but were vulnerable to the counterattack, ultimately losing 4-2.